The Life-Changing Craft-Vacation Art Retreat you need
Looking for a fun Crafting Vacation / Art Retreat (by the beach) that will grow your business too!?
I am in desperate need of a vacation. If you’re like me, you haven’t really taken much of a vacation since pre-covid. Sure, I went to a 2-day tradeshow back in June and a few road trips back to MD to visit my family (of course I worked while I was there).
That’s probably the main reason I’m looking forward to April. But really, there are so SO many reasons that I’m counting down the days until I hop on a plane for LAX and then board the train for an exciting and scenic ride to Ventura, California. 🌴
Are you feelin’ me? Wanna join me?
I’d love to hang out with you for 5 days (Wed 4/19 – Sun 4/23) and soak in the sun, ocean breeze, and try my hand at a new craft or two!
So what is this magical art retreat by the beach I’m going on about?
I’m talking about Craftcation!
It’s a craft and business conference. It’s like an art retreat vacation meets small business conference specifically designed for crafters and handmade business owners. You get to pick your own schedule from a TON of business sessions and craft workshops. Plus extra events like beach yoga, dance parties, and chill dinners with other crafty business owners who GET YOU.
Yeah I know it sounds too good to be true, but trust me – it’s real. I’ve been there. twice. And I’m so excited to have my ticket in hand and hotel reservation made for my third Craftcation in 2023!
Here are some photos from 2018 & 2019
If you’ve read through my blog or followed me on social for a while, you’ve probably heard me mention and talk about Craftcation or seen me in my Crafcation rainbow t-shirt. If you want to watch review/recap or my craft supply haul, check out these videos:
Who is Craftcation for?
I recommend you look into it if you…
- would love to take a vacation while making crafty things with awesome people.
- have a great idea for a business that you want to turn into a full-time job but you don’t know where to start.
- have a successful business that you’re ready to take to the next level but you’re not sure how.
- want to make meaningful connections (hello future collabs) with people but don’t know how to make it happen.
- are looking for a community of people that understand the highs and lows of being a handmade business owner
- find yourself daydreaming about art retreats and workshops where you can get lost in your creativity and finally take some time to yourself
- need a vacation and your business budget is a bit more flexible than your household budget or you are looking for an additional write off
Craftcation is the place where you can make all of those things happen!
If you’re a maker, blogger, creative business owner or hobbyist, then Craftcation would be a great event and investment for you! Seriously. 5 amazing days that you’ll never forget.
What exactly IS Craftcation?
Craftcation is like a crafting convention – jam packed with hands-on craft workshops and business classes, so whether you’re wanting to craft, grow your business, or a little bit of both, there’s lots of making, meeting and learning in store for you.
It’s an annual Business + Makers Conference featuring handmade industry professionals leading tons of DIY workshops and creative business classes.
5 DAYS, 200+ CRAFT & BUSINESS WORKSHOPS, 500+ COOL CREATIVE PEOPLE, AND THE BEACH…
Did I mention it’s at the beach? Did I mention there are tacos nearby? Do you need any more convincing? lol
Where is Craftcation held and when?
Craftcation takes place April 19-23, 2023, in the adorable beach town of Ventura, CA just about an hour away from Los Angeles. In the past I’ve flown in to LAX and then hopped on the Amtrak train to Ventura. And it was so fun to meet other Craftcation people on my train ride and hang out. I met some really cool people and artists before I even arrived in Ventura!
Important Dates to know for 2023
I think it’s important to note here that Craftcation typically sells out every year.
10/15/2022 – Early Bird Registration Opens
Tickets go on sale and you’ll want to snag your ticket right away for the best pricing!
Fall 2022 – Workshop presenters & descriptions are released!! (Peep my photo listed under 2023 Presenters! 🤯)
11/12/2022 – Hotel Rooms at the conference hotel available at the discounted block rate
11/15/2022 – Last day for Early Bird Pricing – Register now! (affiliate link)
11/16/2022 – Regular Registration
TBD – Late Registration: Tickets available thru Feb or until sold out
TBD Feb? – Sign up for craft workshops (adrenaline rush extreme)
4/19/2023 – Craftcation Day 1 (half day) Check in and Workshops begin in the afternoon on Wednesday!
4/20 – 4/22/23 – Craftcation Day 2, Day 3, Day 4
4/23/23 – Final Day of Craftcation (half day, Sunday) workshops and classes wrap up mid-day
4/24/23 – Begin the Countdown to Craftcation 2024
If you’re a handmade business owner or crafter dreaming of a creative vacation, join me for a life-changing trip packed with craft and business workshops, social gatherings, and welcoming community.
Craftcation Schedule 2023
Here’s an embed of the proposed schedule for 2023. The actual presentations will be filled in as soon as the schedule is set. It’s common for a few things to switch around. You’ll be notified via email or within the attendee/alumni FB group!
How much does Craftcation cost?
Early Bird registration pricing is the best published price available and runs through 11/15/2022. Registration is $598 and includes all events and activities Wednesday through Sunday including workshops, lectures, panels and special events.
- Entrance to special events like the opening celebration and keynote, happy hour, parties, and special activities.
- The opportunity for one-on-one guidance with our presenters in office hours.
- Networking with fellow makers and craft industry professionals.
- Inclusion in all of our wellness sessions like yoga, meditation and more.
- Welcome gift bag full of amazing goodies from our sponsors.
- Access to a private online community for attendees and alums where peers share support and resources.
Here’s the link to registration on eventbrite or if you want to come and you’re interested in buying a ticket from another attendee unable to make it, send me an email or DM on social and I’ll ask in the alumni FB group if anyone is selling a ticket.
Tips to make your trip more affordable:
- Share a room. Yep, a LOT of attendees partner up and get a roommate to split a 2 Queen hotel room. You get to make a connection and new friend and pay half price for your hotel room! win win. I’ve had a roommate both years in the past and already have my roommate lined up for this year too! It’s a major savings.
- Share a ride. If you don’t want to take the Amtrak from LAX or Santa Barbara to Ventura, you might be able to find someone to carpool with in the Alumni/Attendee group. My first year I had a rental car and I was able to give a ride to another attendee from the airport to Ventura. She threw me a few bucks and we got to chat the whole ride.
- Grocery shop upon arrival. There are a few grocers nearby and it’s likely your room will have a fridge!
- Set up a flight alert. Start looking for flights asap and set up an alert so you will get a notification if there is a dip in flight prices.
Ok I am sure I have more details and info to share but it’s seriously late and I’m about to fall asleep
Great read ! See you there
Yay I can’t wait Marie!